Guide: HEY! What is happening?
Based on a holistic approach, the HEY! project aims to strengthen the capacities of young people, especially those with fewer opportunities.
1st Phase: May – October 2022.
3rd Focus Group: 5 public/private institutions, youth CSOs, NGOs, schools and institutes.
– To your knowledge, which institutions are in charge of national programmes for internships, job opportunities, career guidance and validation of competences in your country for young returnees?
– Do you think there is enough support and what changes could be made?
– In your opinion, what are the barriers that young returnees face in returning to their country of origin?
– How could the government work in synergy with employers and stakeholders to support young returnees?
Interviews with 10 Returnees:
– What did you learn on a personal or professional level abroad?
– Did you choose to travel and move abroad?
– Was it your decision to return to your home country?
– What was the main reason for returning to your home country? How did you feel about returning to your home country after spending time abroad?
– How do you think your return is perceived by your community (friends, family…)?
– Have you approached any public or private institution to ask for help with anything?
– What kind of support would you like to receive?
– Do you plan to settle in your country of origin or do you want to move somewhere else again?
– What advice would you give to others who are considering returning to their country of origin but have doubts?