SEGIB [ONLINE] Residences 2021
OPEN CALL FOR PROJECT PROPOSALS FOR THE INSTALLATION OR IMPROVEMENT OF A CITIZEN OR GOVERNMENT LABORATORY IN IBEROAMERICA
The Ibero-American General Secretariat (SEGIB) through the project Citizen Innovation together with Medialab Prado of the Madrid City Council and the LAAAB of the Government of Aragon, with the support of the Spanish Agency for International Development Cooperation (AECID), call for proposals to participate in the online residencies for citizen innovation, with the aim of designing the installation of a citizen or government laboratory, or making improvements to an existing one. Requests for proposals can come from public or private institutions or civil society organisations from any of the 22 Ibero-American countries.
This is the 6th edition of the Citizen Innovation Residencies programme, which this time, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, will be carried out virtually.
SELECTION OF PROPOSALS
In this call, 5 proposals will be selected to participate in the 2021 residencies which will consist of:
- A preparation session with each of the teams of the selected proposals (one week before the residencies).
- A week of residencies where there will be sessions of advice, analysis, design and deepening with each of the proposals. Group sessions for exchange and work on topics of interest and relevance to the laboratories, with the participation of invited experts.
- A public presentation of the progress made by each of the proposals at the end of the residency week.
The selected proposals will become part of the Red Iberoamericana de Laboratorios Ciudadanos y de Gobierno.
- Call for proposals: 1st to 14th March.
- Publication of selected proposals: 22nd March.
- Preparatory sessions: 10th to 14th May.
- Residences: 17th to 21st May.
- Public presentation: May 28th.